Internships are an important component of both undergraduate and graduate training in the ENVS program at American University. Due to the prime location of AU in the DC area, our students have had and continue to have many opportunities to gain professional experience and help shape their career paths. Students are given latitude when choosing their internships. While many stay in the DC area, others intern at organizations throughout the world. If you are interested in an internship for AU credit, please refer to the listings below of some of the possibilities in and outside the DC area.
Things to Know (and Forms)
- Dr. David Culver, ENVS Internship Faculty Advisor (email. x2180)
- Internship Registration Form (via myau portal )
- ENVS Internship Syllabus (PDF)
- ENVS Internship Supervisor Evaluation (PDF)
- AU Career Center —Internships (please check out this site for lots of good info)
- Internship opportunities are also sent out on the envs-listserv. If you would like to sign up for the listserv, please send an email request to Dr. Kiho Kim .
(Note to Organizations: If you are interested in having your organization listed here or have positions you’d like for us to pass along to our students, please contact Dr. Kiho Kim )
ENVS Internships — Opportunities in DC and Abroad
These represent some of the many choices for internships for our ENVS students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Many students also choose to intern for environmental consulting firms as well as political organizations. These are chosen on an individual basis. While some of the listings may not have specific internship programs, there is still a potential opportunity for interning at them. Please keep in mind that many of these internships have firm application deadlines and are highly competitive.
Internship Opportunities—In the DC Area
Internship Opportunities — Out of Town (keep in mind many of these organizations have offices in the DC area)
Note to Organizations: If you are interested in having your organization listed here, please contact Dr. Kiho Kim .