Columbia College Alumni-Sponsored Student Internship Program
The Columbia College Alumni-Sponsored Student Internship Program (CCASSIP) is an exciting opportunity for full-time currently enrolled Columbia College sophomores and juniors to have an internship experience developed through a strong partnership between the Center for Career Education, the Columbia College Alumni Association Board, and the Columbia College Alumni Association and Development. These internships are available across a variety of industries and are unique opportunities to gain direct industry exposure. The internships each year are predominantly in New York but there is also potential for them to be in other cities across the country and globe. In past summers, internships were held in New York, Beijing, San Francisco, Washington, D.C and more. As part of the program, students are paired with an alumni mentor, engage in professional development training prior to beginning their internship, take part in networking events, and have the support of CCE. At the close of the program, all CCASSIP interns will come together to reflect on their summer experience.
CCASSIP is a unique opportunity for Columbia College students to gain full time industry experience over the summer in a position that is sponsored by Columbia College alumni. Program features include the following:
- Professional Development Training that includes a program overview, tips on making the most of your internship experience, goal setting, and a discussion of your personal brand.
- Internship experience for 8-12 weeks during the summer 2014. Duration of internship varies depending on opportunity.
- Columbia College alumni mentor to provide personal and professional guidance and support throughout the summer.
- Social and networking event with industry professionals and alumni during the summer as a great opportunity to build your professional network.
- End-of-Program Reflection Session that includes evaluation of the internship experience, goal attainment analysis and career development discussion.
Upon completion of CCASSIP students will have had substantive industry work experience. Students will develop their professional skills including research, effective communication and program management. They will have had the opportunity to build their professional network and learn about their industry of interest. Through the training and counseling support, participants will have the opportunity to reflect upon the internship and articulate experiences to highlight their transferable skills.
Summer 2014 opportunities are now posted in LionSHARE and will continue rolling in through the fall and early part of the spring semester. Be sure to search by “CCASSIP” or set up a job search agent to be emailed as new opportunities are posted.