Program application deadline.
Balance of tuition due.
Interning in NYC will allow you to.
- Jump-start your career. A New York City internship will add impact to your resume. Because New York is a major center of international business and culture, you will gain an edge in competing for jobs in today’s ever-changing global economy.
- Prepare for leadership. Working with business, media and cultural achievers in New York will give you the skills that put you on a career track toward becoming a leader yourself. Apply your knowledge.
- Explore New York City’s rich cultural offerings. New York’s arts and cultural treasures are as diverse as they are famous. The Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Guggenheim Museum, the Broadway theater district and the American Museum of Natural History are among the many institutions near Fordham’s campus at Lincoln Center. A short subway ride takes you to cutting-edge art galleries in Chelsea and Soho and ball games at Yankee and Shea stadiums.
This directed 10-week Summer program offers.
- World class contacts. Students are given access to our database of possible internship sites in business, finance, marketing, media, advertising, public relations, art, theater, government, non-profit, human resources and more.
- Career guidance. Students who register and make a deposit by February 15 will be assisted in the process of applying for and securing an internship placement. Students are strongly encouraged to meet our "early bird" of January 15 deadline for a greater selection of opportunities, especially among the more competitive internships, like those in finance.
- Affordable living space. Participants who live outside the New York City area can stay in McMahon Hall on our Lincoln Center campus, in the cultural heart of Manhattan, for less than $35 a night.
- College credit. A vital part of the internship program is the required four-credit Internship Seminar, which allows students to share and compare their experiences as interns and assess their own career goals. The course introduces students to the world of work with an emphasis on leadership development and management skills. The class credits are transferable pending your university’s approval.
Past internship sites have included nationally and globally recognized companies:
- A.G. Edwards
- United Nations Development Programme
- The Cinema Guild
- Fitness Magazine
- The Bank of New York
- Fox News
- The Support Center for Non-Profit Management
- The Donna Karan Company
- Slam Magazine
- Columbia Records
Read what past participants have to say
The application deadline for this program has passed.
Once your application has been reviewed, you will be contacted in 2-3 weeks to set up a telephone or face-to-face interview with a representative of the Office of Career Planning and Placement. Your career goals and resume will be discussed, and you will establish a follow-up schedule for revising your materials and applying for internships. Please understand that your acceptance and continued enrollment is contingent upon your working with Career Services to secure a placement in a timely fashion.
When you are accepted, you will be enrolled in the required four-credit Internship Seminar.
TUITION & FEES
2014 tuition for the 10-week program, including the Internship Seminar class, is $3,300. A non-refundable $300 deposit must be paid at the time of registration. The balance of the tuition is due May 7, 2014.
Please find the printable Housing Application here. (The online application available January 9 also includes a housing option.) Please note that applying for housing is a two-step process that will also involve a short online placement survey in April.
In 2014, the charge for housing is $2,160 for a double-occupancy bedroom. There is a $50 housing deposit required. Students must be registered for and attending the 4-credit Internship Seminar course to be eligible for housing.
Cancellations of housing must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 16. Students whocancel housing after this date will be subject to full housing charges. Withdrawals from the Internship Seminar can be made in writing to email@example.com. The deadline to withdraw with a full refund, minus the non-refundable $300 application deposit, is May 27. Thereafter, the refund schedule articulated on the Tuition and Fees page will be followed.