Employment Opportunities at RLAC
Since 1991 RLAC has provided Phonics First ® Professional Development training and tutoring throughout Metro-Detroit. Our systematic, sequential, structured approach to teaching reading is both motivating and successful.
RLAC contracts with over sixty independent contractors, each specially trained in our Phonics First ® curriculum. Our tutors are required to take PF210, a 30-hour intensive Orton-Gillingham training. Before potential tutors even start tutoring, they must take a written final exam, present a final lesson, and observe five lessons with experienced RLAC tutors and students. Our training and support far exceeds other educational facilities and is an important part of our certification requirements.
RLAC is accepting applications for the following positions:
To be considered for any of the above positions, please apply today and start making a difference with a proven approach!
RLAC tutors must be positive, enthusiastic, dedicated individuals who are compassionate educators willing to make a difference in our students’ lives. Tutors are required to be available for a minimum of eight sessions per week during RLAC peak tutoring hours.
In-center tutoring is private one-to-one tutoring after school, evenings, and weekends. In addition to specialized reading instruction RLAC also offers tutoring in the following subjects:
- Written Expression
- SAT/ACT Preparation
- Foreign Language
- Speech & Language
On-site group tutoring opportunities are also available during school hours and after school hours.
Our specialized reading tutors are required to take PF210, a 30-hour intensive Orton-Gillingham training. Before potential tutors even start tutoring, they must take a written final exam, present a final lesson, and observe five lessons with experienced RLAC tutors and students. Our training and support far exceeds other educational facilities. Phonics First ® tutors are encouraged to become certified through ongoing Phonics First ® training and professional development.
Phonics First ® Tutors Must:
- Complete all training requirements
- Instruct RLAC students using our Phonics First ® reading curriculum
- Provide consistent lesson feedback to parents at the conclusion of each lesson
- Submit written RLAC progress reports and/or exit reports as requested
- Keep accurate records of each client’s progress
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (preferred in Education)
- Teaching and/or tutoring experience
- Late afternoon, evening, Saturday availability
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to comply with paperwork requirements
RLAC tutors must be willing to sign an independent contractor agreement as terms of their employment and be subject to a criminal background check.
Deliver Phonics First ® professional development trainings to teachers, administrators, and parents across the country. RLAC trainers are highly motivated and passionate educators who have a strong desire to teach this exciting method for teaching reading.
- Must complete PF210 as a participant and again as an observer and assistant instructor
- Must complete self study of articles and information relating to reading instruction
- Must be willing to travel nationally up to 2-3 weeks per month
- Must have motivating instructional delivery
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Education or related field
- Teaching experience
- Excellent presentation skills
- Knowledge in reading development
- Ability to deliver specified curriculum
RLAC trainers must be willing to sign an independent contractor agreement as terms of their employment.
Education Consultant Positions
Education Consultants assess school district’s literacy needs and provide the best solution between our many products and services to help clients reach their goals. Consultants must participate in education-based conferences to increase awareness of RLAC’s product offerings. Consultants are encouraged to prospect new client relationships while building upon existing relationships. It is the consultant’s responsibility to submerge him or herself in the education industry and have knowledge of school’s state funding. This person must be detail orientated with the ability to manage multiple projects. Consultants must make frequent cold calls via phone and in person. Some travel required, 40-55 hour work week.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Two to three years outside sales experience
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to plan and implement sales strategies
- Work in a team environment
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined
Apply to RLAC
Thank you for your interest in joining RLAC’s team of dedicated professionals. Please follow the instructions below for submitting your application.
- Download and fill out this application:
To download, right-click the above link and select "Save Target As. "
fax (248) 645-2335
Submission of this application and your resume does not secure an interview or employment. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview when there is an open position.